Sunday, July 6, 2008

The Craft Sale

So, this posting has been a bit delayed. Actually, I completely forgot to write it because I had been away for some time (when I was travelling in Tanzania and Rwanda). Before I had left for my vacation, Kent had organized a craft sale at the big regional trade fair that was going on in Mbarara. We collected crafts from the beneficiaries in different parishes and displayed them at the trade show. Initially, things were going very slow and not much had sold. However, by the end of the fair, most of the items had been sold and decent profits were realized by most of the parishes. We have just recently distributed their money and all the women have been very happy, so happy in fact that they continue to send us away with their crafts to sell. Now we have an office full of crafts, but nowhere to sell them! Good thing Judy has a shopping addiction and a passion for baskets!!!



1 comment:

Dr. Kent said...

Don't know if there is anyway you can organise to bring/send a shipment back here but there are bunch of people here in Lloyd who I am sure would buy some. I really don't know if we could make that work (mainly baskets?)