Monday, July 21, 2008

A string of bad luck

It has been some time since I last posted an update. At the beginning of the week, I got hit with a really bad cold that I got from one of the ladies in the villages. I know it was from her because everyone that worked with her 2 weeks back is now suffering. I was starting to get better from that illness when I got hit with a nice case of food poisoning. That kept me in bed for a good day and without food for almost 3. I was starting to feel better from that when I accidently (stupidly) deleted all the photos from my camera. I had not backed up the majority of the photos so needless to say, I am devastated. I had some pictures on the work computer so I was hoping that would be able to retrieve some of these. Again, my bad luck continued. The computer crashed and is now completely out of commission. So, I guess the end result of this crappy past week is that I have few pictures to show from my trip and I have no real update for now. I do have some good news though. I have arranged to volunteer at the Uganda Wildlife Education Center for my last three days in Uganda. I am not quite sure what I will be doing but I feel confident that I will be able to spend some time with the chimpanzees. Now the challenge is leaving my camera alone long enough to get some photos back to Canada! Sigh....

1 comment:

Dr. Kent said...

Leanne,

I am sooooo sorry to hear that you lost all your photos! I can't imagine that. I have a few pictures on my computer from your camera if you like. There aren't that many but better than none I guess!